Database Note Taker is a free note-taking app made specifically for SQL databases. It makes a database schema and structures a lot easier to capture and document, and definitely simplifies the database documentation and takes the guesswork out of everyday development with databases.
How does it work?
- Connect to your database.
- Refresh with the current structure of your database.
- Database Note Taker shows where documentation is missing.
- Add and edit notes for tables, columns, stored procedures and so on.
- Publish and distribute the documentation.
- When your database has changed, refresh and add new notes.
Here are a few features worth mentioning:
- Separate documentation
- Work offline – a live database connection is only required to refresh the database.
- Publish to HTML
- Database platform independent
- Source control friendly
- Multiple developers friendly
- History tracking
Not enough and looking for more database documentation options? Check out this list compiled by SQLShark.