Spiceworks has a new series called Extreme IT and it has a pretty special topic in May just to honor the military sector and the work IT pros offered in that area. Quite interesting read.
Here are some of the highlights:
- The differences between military and civilian IT
- In the military, the scale of IT is larger.
- In the military, the work pressure can be extreme.
- In military IT, the operating environment can be very harsh.
- In the military, the tech is often bigger and badder.
- In the military, processes are extremely regimented.
- The workforce skews are very young, about half of the enlisted members are under the age of 25.
- Some things about life in IT are universal